How Do I Get Saved ?
There is only one way to get saved and that is by placing your faith in Jesus Christ.
His teaching, His life, His death, His resurrection, His Divinity, and His love for you.
Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." (John 14:6)
What does "get saved" mean? What am I being saved from?
Because God is just, there are only two possibilites for eternity. One with God, one without.
And the eternity without God is an eterniity without his loving protection from the enemy who seeks to steal, kill, and destroy. An enemy who wants you to suffer for all of eternity.
If God loves me, why would He let me suffer for eternity?
Because God loves you He does not want you to suffer. Therefore, He sent His only begotten Son to be the sacrifice for our sins.
Jesus Christ died for our sins...
He was buried in a tomb
And three days later He arose!
You may think to yourself, "Well I am a good person, God will not send me to Hell."
No man is good apart for Jesus Christ. no one can escape the penalty of death without Jesus.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. " (Ephesians 2:8-9)
And Because God loves us, He sent His Son to pay the price for our sins.
So to answer your question,"How do I get saved?" is to place your faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died to pay the price for your sins so that you can spend eternity with God the Father!
- Acknowledge and confess that you are a sinner.
Repent, and sin no more. Make a complete turn away from the sinful nature.
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23)
- "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12)
- "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (1 John 1:10)
Come to know without hesitation that Jesus Christ is Lord and He died so that you may live!
- Jesus said: I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:5)
Pray and declare that Jesus is you Lord and Savior.
- "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
- "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. " (Romans 5:8)
- "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; " (Romans 10:9)
- "for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. " (Romans 10:10)
- "For whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
- "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, " (John 1:12)